Looks like this blog post is actually a week later. From September 20 through to the 26 in ’09 it absolutely was nationwide Singles Week. Into the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Kansas began this observance which comes in the next complete few days of September. It was started initially to
… acknowledge a large number of single Us citizens you should never recognize with all the term “solitary” because they’re parents, have lovers or tend to be widowed.
Below are a few recent fascinating basic facts and data on singles in the us:
- There are now 95.9 million unmarried folks in the U.S. that 18 years or earlier. This makes right up 43 percent of all of the grownups. (from 2008)
- 53 percent of the singles tend to be females
- 61 percent of these singles do not have already been married prior to. 24 per cent currently separated and a further 15 percent were widowed.
- Seniors (65+) account fully for 15.8 million of person singles which 16 percent having not ever been married.
- 11.6 million of person singles are moms and dads coping with kids, 9.8 million tend to be ladies.
When it comes to full fact sheet throughout the Unmarried and Single People in america Week, visit the U.S. Census Bureau.